2.07.2012

amen baby girl. amen.

Vida Blue was sick in the middle of the night and of course I did all the things that us mamas do during these times. I tucked her hair behind her ears and rubbed her back reassuring her the whole time that she was doing great. She asked for a hot bath & so I drew her one. I cleaned her mouth out with a cold cloth and gave her sips of ice water. We put on her new favorite PJ's and got her all set up in our bed. I curled up beside her and lightly scratched her back and whispered "Who takes care of you the best?" and she replied...  "Jesus". Not really the answer this mama was looking for, but who am I to argue with that.  

2 comments:

  1. wow jenne - whatever you've done to instil this kind of goodness so young, is so beautiful - keep it up. on a side note: to your question of "WHO TAKES CARE OF YOU THE BEST?" i was yelling out "JENNE" over here. & then i learned from your little thing.
    xoxo
    joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so wise beyond her years. thanks for sharing this little story of love. amanda

    ReplyDelete