4.14.2011

without fail

If I'm ever feeling low (like 'waking up to snow in mid-April low') I head to Lepp Farm Market. It's one of our favorite places to shop in this town. We usually grab a freshly baked baguette upon entering and immediately break it open. Today I told the girls of Paris and we practiced our (my) limited French which consisted mostly of "bonjour" & "je ne sais quoi". Totally appropriate... bonus. I felt good about stocking up on local organic chicken and practicing restraint when it came to all the beautifully packaged organic teas and dark chocolate and pretty yellow dish towels. We picked out Bradley's favorite vegetables (carrots & parsnips) to cook up for dinner and even received a hug from one lovely man (avec femme) who was completely caught up in Ever's sweet smiles. We sampled honey cider ("Booiful mama" - who knew?), grabbed a fun bag of ripe bananas for some bb bakin' later in the day and were even given stickers on our way out the door. 

Ten minutes felt like an hour. The best possible hour. 

It was, always is... magic.

2 comments:

  1. you and yours make my heart so. very. happy. without fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to the market when M was about a month old and I have thought many times since making the decision on our very soon to be dreamy, cozy home how much comfort the market will be when missing the city;)

    ReplyDelete