4.06.2011

this business of getting older

I remember when birthdays were charming. Anticipated even. That changed when thirty hit. Last week someone asked me how old I was turning & without hesitating I said "thirty-three". (I'm 32.) Who ages themselves an entire year? This never would've happened in my twenties. Ever. And let me make it clear it's not like I want to go back there. I just really want to slooooooow things down a little. 

I find having kids complicates matters. Maybe it's that the days are so full. Maybe it's that on a regular basis right before my eyes my little girls are becoming not so little anymore. I've become so aware of time passing. These moments... they are so precious. And while I've never had so much fun in all my life, I've also never been so exhausted.

But life is sweet. And chances are with each year that passes, it'll only get sweeter.  


Life is funny like that. And I'll take it.




Along with plenty of good lighting. : )

6 comments:

  1. woman!! you look absolutely stunning in low lights.. high lights.. sun light and fluorescent lights..

    you will rock any age!!! (just look at your hot mama)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a beaut my love. lov'n the stripes as usual. you dont look 22. :) joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, hunny. you are the definition of stunning mama. happy happy 32~

    ReplyDelete
  4. us moma's in this stage in life i think all are loving the low lights. but trust me girl, you are a true beauty in any kind of light. happy 32 - here's to a great year ahead. hugs
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gorgeous.

    For the record, I'm turning thirty SIX this year.

    At the same time I want to freak out as I don't even know how or what to feel about that - but I also want to OWN it. And ROCK the guts out of it.

    Life is sweet. You are sweet.

    ReplyDelete