3.06.2011

something I read this weekend

And yes, it resonated with me and broke my heart a little.

   "...Even so, I was The Mother. When Emilia climbed onto my lap for a bedtime story and snuggle, I knew that she was in Eden - a safe, warm, unconditionally loving place.

   But I also knew that my superpowers were on the wane. I think Emilia knew it, too. Her growing arms and legs didn't fold neatly into the circle of my arms the way they had when she was eight months old or even when she was two. It took longer to settle in, to find a balance, and we had to hold on to each other more tightly. But finally it was perfect. I cherished those moments even more because I could see that they wouldn't last." - Anita Diamant

4 comments:

  1. ahhh... if this book is as great as the red tent.. I am in.. I love her writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually a piece she wrote for Real Simple Magazine called "an age to remember". Loved it. Love her. "The Red Tent" is probably in my top five. Have you read "Day After Night"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will put it on my list!! I am reading red tent for the bazillionth time right now!! perfect book before labor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it but i love those pictures more.
    a sak

    ReplyDelete